It takes millions of years for the formation of minerals. Compared to the present rate of consumption, the replenishment rate of minerals is very slow. Hence, mineral resources are finite and non- renewable. Due to this, it is important to conserve the mineral resources.
Ways of Conserving Resources
• Controlling population growth will reduce the demand for resources.
• Creating social awareness regarding the importance of conservation of resources.
• Reusing and recycling of resources.
• Using the renewable source of energy as an alternative to non- renewable resources.
• Developing the usage methods which minimize the wastages.
• Propagating the environmental ill effects caused by various products.
• Choosing the products with less packaging.