It is an acute illness, associated with constant high fever, which is caused by bacteria Salmonella typhi. This is transmitted through water and food and found in the feces of the infected person. Other name of typhoid fever is entric fever .
* Salmonella typhi Incubation period
* 8 to 14 days
Symptoms of Typhoid
* Loss of appetite
* Abdominal pain
* Diarrhoea or constipation
* High fever
* Head ache
[Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, Ampicillin and Ciprofloxacin]. are the most important to treat the infection, for the complete removal of the bacteria.
Typhoid vaccines are recommended for where there is a risk of typhoid is very high.
* Drink pure and safe water
* Avoid raw fruits and vegetables
* Street food to be avoided
* Wash hand before and after using toilets.